Today is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's a "Plan D" kinda day...

Okay....so today hasn't quite worked out as I'd planned it all nice and neatly in my head. We all need a "Plan D" kinda day every once in a while I guess.(And who knows, we may end up at Z before it's over ...it's only 1:00). But, that's okay...it keeps life interesting. (Or at least that's my positive way of putting it so that I don't end up with bald spots on my head).  Let's just say most of the day centered around the fact that I used the last diaper in the house (or so I thought before I went diaper bag diving as part of Plan B) around 7:00 this morning.
 Hence the plan A hatched:
 Xander would nap on the way home from carpool #1, stay asleep while I ate breakfast, straightened the house, ran the dishwasher, and made myself semi-presentable.  He would wake up just in time for us to hit Wally World before picking up Hayden during carpool #2.
Not sure what fairy tale I thought I was living in...but of course my little prince was wide awake when we got home.  So, I did what I could around here with him at my heels...and formed Plan "B" (In case you're wondering why I didn't just go on to Walmart while we were out and he was awake....I'm not a mom who does carpool in my PJs....but I'm not too far off that. I think I had managed to get it in a pony tail by that point, however, I am totally not above leaving Xander in his cuddly pjs...not to mention I only had only had one cup of coffee by then and if ever there is a place where you need to be on your toes, it's Walmart)

Plan "B" involved going to Wally World on the way home with Hayden from Carpool #2. (SURELY one of my 10 diaper bags has at least one diaper we could make do with until then.I was in luck!. I found a stash. Of course technically I stopped buying that size several pounds ago,  but they'll do in a pinch...and Plan B counts as  a pinch.)  Of course it would mean delayed lunches for all, and taking not one, but 2 kids, but it would save me a trip out later...not to mention hoping we would get home in time for Xander to nap before Carpool #3 at 3:00.  Well what do ya know...guess who fell asleep before I ever even got out of my neighborhood on the way to get Hayden?  Seriously....not even out of the neighborhood! Of course he's sleeping so soundly by the time I get Hayden that he's snoring. Now I don't know about you, but I feel like it kind of goes against nature to wake a baby sleeping that soundly. So, quick thinker that I am (wink wink) I quickly come up with Plan C.
Plan C:
  We'll let Xander continue napping when we get home. (Again in my little fairy tale world, he will sleep for at least a couple of hours...) I'll get Hayden's lunch and come up with a more detailed menu, grocery list, and coupons and get everything done around here that I didn't manage to do this morning.  Well, 3 guesses what happened. I had no sooner put the Toy Story Mac and Cheese on the stove and sat down to my own cup of soup and I hear Xander...and he is NOT happy.  (Total elapsed time for this nap...20 minutes). After getting him up and determining that he is not feeling well at all (he is usually a VERY happy, laid back, go with the flow, baby) I quickly came up with our current Plan "D".
Let's just say it involves a ladybug pillow pet and Mickey Mouse clubhouse and that's about it.  I think we've got enough diapers to get through until tomorrow morning, when we will start this process over. If not, maybe I'll venture out on my own tonight after Gabe gets home and everyone is fed, bathed and chilling out. (I didn't even mention that I also need to restock the pantry, but luckily I came up with the ingredients for what I hope will be a decent pot of crockpot chicken soup.  Glad I picked up those rotisserie chickens and stuck them in the freezer the other day). All in all, plan "d" isn't so bad. I'm pretty sure he'd prefer this to Walmart anytime!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com