Today is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sorry Mr. Officer....

Well...you can't say I didn't try. (Of course if I had tried several months ago..I wouldn't be in this situation, but that's water under the bridge at this point.)


While Gabe and I were in N'ville, I was faced with the dilemma of where to stash my phone, $$, ID, lip gloss etc since, of course, my outfit didn't include pockets. And since I own diaper bags and not purses (and since for once I didn't need a diaper bag), I began handing it over to Gabe so he could stuff his pockets with all of my junk. (In case you were wondering, yes, he was grumbling a bit about his bulging pockets and why in the world women's dress slacks don't have pockets of their own. "It's just ridiculous. Men's pants always have pockets." Yes Gabe, and you can walk in and buy them off the rack without trying them on. Must be nice to be a guy.....but let's not beat that dead horse.) Anyway, as I handed him my drivers license, I happened to look at it. Now ironically, even though I am always whipping it out to show cashiers, I must never actually look at it myself, because if I had, surely I would've noticed at some point that it expired in back in..gulp gulp... August. Yup...the carpool queen who hauls kids to and from school not once, or even twice, but THREE times a day has a license that expired in August. 
So first thing this morning Xander and I head to the court house. (That's a blog in itself...) The first thing that strikes me is that I am the only one in there. The second thing that I noticed was that there were windows that were about 5 windows neatly labeled with everything from Court fees to Drivers License. So I stood in front of the window I needed watching the people on the other side get coffee etc. Several people told me they would be right with me (which apparently meant once they were done getting their coffee and pastry, they'd see what I needed.) Of course, mind you, I am standing in front of the window labeled drivers license. Anyway, several minutes passed, and a lady opened the window and asked if she could help me. I almost told her I'd like to order a Tall Latte with Skim Milk and a Bagel with Cream Cheese, but I told her why I was there (leaving out the part where I should've been there about 5 mths ago.) She then went on to explain that she was sooo sorry, but their drivers license machine is not working. "When do you think it will be up and running," I asked. Her response, "Well, I'm not sure. Maybe you should just call back every day to save yourself a wasted trip." She even jotted down the phone number for me on a scratch piece of paper. As I drove home (very slowly, stopping completely at all stop signs...) I began to wonder if there would be any possible way an officer would buy this excuse if I tried it. I doubt it...especially since I should've done it quite sometime ago. Nope, this one's all me. Guess I'll give them a call tomorrow, though I'm not going to hold my breath. Until then....don't get behind me if you're in a hurry...b/c I'm not going anywhere fast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com