So this past week hasn't exactly been what I would call....ideal to say the least. Not to complain, but to sum it up:
Sunday (a week ago) fell and hurt my ankle...and then had to drive all 3 kids back to Franklin from BG. What fun. Thank goodness no sudden stops were needed. Middle of the night realized it was REALLY hurt.
Monday: No school for the kids...
Gabe took off work to drive me around and help me hobble on my crutches (LOVE HIM!)
Carter: dentist. Has an abscessed tooth that needs to come out. On antibiotics for that (oh, and they helped him pull 2 more that were loose while he was there...He is pretty much toothless at this point)
Me: Dr. office for exrays of foot, which showed something "odd"
Me: off to BG to see dr. from Vandy sports Med, who ordered a "boot" for me. Oh, and the "oddity" would be an extra bone that I apparently have in both feet. Yes, leave it to me. Apparently I tore the tissue holding this little bone to the rest of my foot. For something that shouldn't have been there in the first place, it sure has reeked havoc on my life.
Tuesday: Stupid boot didn't come in, so I had to baracade baby to family room and sit in a chair pretty much all day. Started feeling like i was coming down with something too. Thank goodness for DEAR friends who helped with the dreaded 3 rounds of carpool.
Wednesday: UGGHH..threat of snow. Boot was delievered....to Gabe's office in BG. Which meant yet another day of hobbling on crutches and baracading Xan Man. This also happened to be poor Gabe's birthday. Thank goodness he took care of buying his own present...totally unromantic I know, but had he not, he wouldn't have had anything, b/c let's face it...I was in no shape to shop. Did manage a b-day cake for him. Also managed to load up the kiddos to meet him for bowling with our church in BG..(side note...I stopped at Mcd's to get food for all...and ended up having to wait for our salads for 15 min....at McD's. I ended up deciding they had forgotten about me. Having all 3 kids, and a bum foot, I wasn't about to go in, so instead i rolled down my window in true redneck style and politely (as possible) got the attention of the chick in the window.SEVERAL minutes later our salads appeared.
Anyway, fast forward to leaving bowling. Gabe and I are in separate cars. I have a screaming baby and a screaming Hayden in my truck with me...lucky me. Moving slower than usual of course, and searching for a passy (unsuccessfully), I guess Gabe got a head start. can you guess what happened next? No? Well....my battery was dead. I tried waving to Gabe before he got out of the parking lot...but guess he didn't see me. Thank goodness for cell phones. I must admit...I was feeling a wee bit frazzled by this point. i ended my night with desperate pleas with the big guy to send the snow anywhere but here....of course that didn't work. Which leads us to Thurs.
Thursday: Things start out pretty normal for once that week! the boot was allowing me to get some things done. No snow flakes in sight and I am thinking the kids are going to make it for a full day. Little did I know that apparently our phone/internet had gone out so i missed the dismissal call saying that I needed to get Carter at 1:30. Thank goodness for WBKO text alert. I did end up getting the text in time. Needless to say, we didn't dodge the snow bullet...which brings us to Friday.
Friday: SNOW day (and gabe's day off, thankfully). Determined to get out of the house, we kept appts. to see 2 houses for sale by owner in BG (and talked to the owner of another house..but based on that conversation, deemed her to unstable to deal with...we won't be going to that house.) Came home to drop off the kids with Mallory for a much needed date night. While we were here, Hayden begins to cry and says his toe hurts. OH MY....his poor big toe was so VERY VERY RED and swollen..and streaking. I had no idea what was wrong. Gabe gave him some antibiotics he had left over and some tylenol. Gabe and I ended up cutting our date short. We were supposed to see a movie after dinner, but we were both exhausted and fighting colds, so threw in the towel and came home...to find Hayden had spiked a high fever and was in a lot of pain. It was a long night....he was up for most of it.
FF to Sunday... (Sat. we pretty much cleaned and chilled out ALL day...but Hayden's toe was looking worse) Gabe dropped me off with Hayden at Urgent Care then took the other two to church while we saw the dr. AFter a VERY long wait, we ended up seeing a GREAT doctor who was very good with hayden. For an urgent care place, I was very impressed. They lanced it and gave us scripts for several medications (the doctor also said he may have strep throat as well and could be on his way to ear infections). Poor guy. No wonder he had been a bit on the grouchy side.
I ended my day by leaving Gabe with the kiddos (along with instructions for helping Carter finish his homework) and went to BG for Small Group. It's never good to get a text that says "Please tell me you are on your way home." I think last night gave Gabe a new appreciation for evenings at home with the kids until he arrives.
So that was our week. Go ahead and fill in the blank. At least it's behind us and a new week has dawned. I know it could have been much worse...(my foot could have been totally broken, Hayden's toe could have fallen off...(. We are so blessed that 99% of the time our lives are pretty much smooth sailing. Weeks like this past one just make us appreciate that fact!
Monday, January 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love you, cousin! That was one CRAZY week...GEEZ! Praying for a smooth week filled with rest and NO SNOW or ICE! Love, Anne
Thanks girl! That means a lot!! So far so good....as of noon on monday!
Post a Comment